英语专四听力120篇(45)

2016-03-14 11:00:54来源:网络

英语专四听力120篇(45)

  2016英语专四改革,听力取消新闻部分还是听力听写与讲座和会话,新东方在线专四频道给大家整理了英语专四听力120篇,希望考生们放平心态,淡定备考。

  A Scottish New Year

  苏格兰新年

  If you're invited to a Scottish home on New Year'sEve,

  要是你新年除夕受邀到苏格兰人家做客,

  it's important to know what to bring with you:

  带上以下的这些东西是非常重要的:

  a lump of coal, some shortbread and some whisky.

  一块煤,一些奶油甜酥饼和威士忌酒。

  The coal signifies warmth,

  煤块代表温暖,

  so you're wishing that the people you visit will have enough heat in the coming year.

  即祝福主人家在接下来的一年里过上温暖的生活。

  The shortbread represents food,

  奶油甜酥饼代表食物,

  so you're hoping that the people will have enough to eat.

  即希望主人家不愁吃。

  And whisky was called "the water of life" by Scots,

  威士忌被苏格兰人称为“生命之水”,

  so it means you want the hosts to have enough to drink.

  送上威士忌就意味着你祝福主人家不愁喝。

  There is one more key task you still have to perform as a guest.

  身为客人还有一个要点必须要记牢,

  The first person to knock on a neighbour's door is supposed to be a tall, dark, handsome man.If you are, you'll bring good luck to the household.

  假如你是又高又黑的帅小伙子,第一个敲主人家的门会给他们带来好运。

  But if that's not you, don't ring the bell just yet.Wait for a while and the right person is boundto turn up soon!

  否则,你只能等合适的人出现,然后再进门。


专四专八精选好课 暖心助学

新东方好老师 手把手带学

2020专四专八复习备考必备资料

关注新东方在线服务号回复【专四/专八词汇】

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容
更多>>
更多好课>>
更多>>
更多资料