2018-02-13 16:01:48 来源：网络专四专八资料下载
2018英语专业八级听力mini lecture是一个将听力和做笔记填空结合的题型。该题目是一个900字左右的讲座，要求考生边听边做笔记，然后完成填空任务。新东方在线英语专八频道在考前将为大家模拟2018专八听力mini lecture听力文本，希望专八考生在考前多练，顺利通过专八考试。
Now listen to the following recording andanswer questions 19 to 21
A.They are unsatisfied with their work.
B.They need to take care of their children.
C.They are in companies with loose management.
D.They don't take their work seriously.
A.Male colleagues in their 30s.
B.Managers of the company.
C.Younger colleagues in their 20s.
D.Older colleagues in their 50s.
A.Fairness and equality were not paid due attention to.
B.Employees without children could have their voice better heard.
C.Managers had a good knowledge of the relevant laws.
D.Women could be in an unfavorable position in career development.
Are flexible working arrangements for women with children causing resentment among those who don't have children? Researchers in Britain have found that many of those surveys thought women who worked flexible hours were less committed than their colleagues.
(19) Working part-time, leaving early to pick up the kids: flexible working is seen as something that can help parents, but it could be having a negative impact. 25,000 women were surveyed. About half of those questioned said that women who worked flexible hours were resented and viewed as less committed by their colleagues. Here is what some people surveyed in London thought.
"There is some resentment definitely. (20) I think it's more a case of like with younger people in their 20s. They do kind of look at some of my older colleagues and sort of saying 'well, it's not really that fair.' But I think they might change their tune when they are perhaps in their 30s and when they are thinking about kids." "My colleague, when I was leaving some part-time, mouthed 'I hate you'. And I think that was because I do manage to strike a balance." "I passed from 95 jobs, full-time to freelance." "And so it's not just women with children that want that flexibility?" Jody Day, who founded the organization Gateway Women for women without children, said they had legitimate reasons to be resentful. "It's a difficult issue to bring up in the workplace because it's actually about fairness and equality, and diversity. And if most of the women in the office do have children, there is a sense that's a kind of dominant sort of group think. And it can be quite difficult to get your voice heard if you are the childless one in that situation." "Managers are often confused about what rights and privileges people have because they are trying to do the right thing. They are worried about what the law says."
(21) The researchers found that the negative judgment attached to flexible working could be an obstacle to women's progression. They've called on businesses to do more to change that.
19. Why do some women employees work flexible hours?
20. According to the survey, who are more likely to resent women employees with children?
21. What did the researchers find about the issue of women working flexible hours?
【小题19】讲座开头提到了对女性采用弹性工作时间的调查，而后又提到 working part-time, leaving early to pick up the kids: flexible working is seen as something that can help parents，指出非全时工作，早退接孩子——人们认为弹性工作制能够帮助有孩子的父母。可知实行弹性工作制是因为这些女员工需要照顾孩子，故 B 项为正确答案。A、C 两项在讲座中未提及，可排除;讲座中提到调查结果显示工作时间灵活的女性不如她们的同事对工作更投入，但这并不是实行弹性工作时间的原因，D 项不符合题意，也应排除。
【小题20】听力原文中引用了一位调查对象的话，提到 I think it's more a case of like with younger people in their 20s，指出在这位调查对象看来，更多的是20多岁的年轻员工看到年龄较大的同事弹性工作时会感觉有些憎恨，因而 C 项正确，故选 C。
【小题21】听力原文最后提到，The researchers found that the negative judgment attached to flexible working could be an obstacle to women's progression. They've called on businesses to do more to change that，指出研究人员发现，有关弹性工作制的负面评价可能会成为女职员职业发展的障碍。即女性员工可能在职业发展上处于不利的地位，由此可知 D 项为正确答案。文中提及弹性工作制事关公平、平等，并非说公平与平等没有受到应有的重视，A 项与讲座表述不符;B、C 两项则未被提及，故三项均可排除。