2019年英语专八真题听力Mini-lectur原文

2020-04-02 11:10:42来源:网络

2019年英语专八真题听力Mini-lectur原文(二)

  I also notice another interesting thing about this.

  关于这一点,我还发现了另一个有趣的现象。

  It seems women are much more likely to do this kindof thing than men.

  女性似乎比男性更有可能做出这种动作。

  I mean women are more likely to make themselvessmall.

  我的意思是,女性更有可能让自己变小。

  Women feel chronically less powerful than men, sothis is not surprising.

  女性总感觉自己的力量比男性弱,因此这并不令人惊讶。

  The second question concerns our minds.

  第二个问题是关于我们的意识。

  We know that our minds change our bodies.

  我们知道,我们的意识会改变我们的身体。

  But is it also true that our bodies change our minds?

  但我们的身体也可以改变我们的意识吗?

  And when I say minds, in the case of the powerful, what do I mean?

  当我说到意识的时候,以强大的力量为例,这是什么意思呢?

  I'm talking about thoughts and feelings and the sort of physiological things that make up ourthoughts and feelings,

  我在说想法和感觉,以及组成我们想法和感觉的生理上的东西,

  and in my case, that's hormones.

  就这件事而言,是指激素。

  I look at hormones.

  我来讲讲激素。

  So what do the minds of the powerful versus the powerless look like?

  那么,强大的人的意识与无力的人的意识看起来是怎样的呢?

  Powerful people tend to be, not surprisingly, more assertive and more confident, moreoptimistic.

  毫无疑问,强大的人往往更加坚定、自信而乐观。

  They actually feel that they're going to win even at games of chance.

  事实上,他们感觉自己会胜利,即使在博弈中也会如此。

  They also tend to be able to think more abstractly.

  他们往往还具有抽象思维。

  They take more risks.

  他们会冒更多的险。

  So there are a lot of differences between powerful and powerless people.

  因此,强大和无力的人有许多不同之处。

  Physiologically, there also are differences on two key hormones: one is dominance hormone, and the other is stress hormone.

  从生理上来说,在两种关键激素中有许多不同:一个是主导性激素,另一种是皮质醇。

  What we find is that powerful and effective leaders have high dominance hormone and lowstress hormone.

  我们发现,强大且有效率的领导含主导性激素较高,而含皮质醇较低。

  What does that mean?

  这意味着什么呢?

  That means power is also about how you react to stress.

  这意味着,力量还与你如何应对压力有关。

  Once we did an experiment.

  我们做过一个实验。

  We decided to bring people into the lab and run that little experiment.

  我们决定带一些人走进实验室做个小实验。

  These people adopted, for two minutes, either high-power poses or low-power poses.

  这些人有的摆出强有力的姿势,有的摆出无力的姿势,时长都是2分钟。

  We, for two minutes, say, "You need to do this or this."

  “你需要摆出这个姿势或这个姿势。”这句话我们说了2分钟。

  And we also want them to be feeling power.

  我们还想让他们感受到力量。

  So after two minutes we will ask them "How powerful do you feel?" on a series of items, andthen we give them an opportunity to gamble.

  因此,2分钟后,我们会就一系列的事项问他们:“你们感觉有多少力量?”,然后我们给他们一个赌博的机会。

  Before and after the experiment, we take their samples of saliva for a hormone test.

  实验前后,我们取他们的唾液样本进行激素试验。

  That's the whole experiment.

  这就是整个实验过程。

  And this is what we have found -- risk tolerance, which is gambling.

  这就是我们发现的结果——风险承受能力,也就是赌博。

  What we find is that when you're in the high-power pose condition, 86 percent of you willgamble.

  我们发现,当你摆出强有力的姿势时,你有86%的可能性会赌博。

  When you're in the low-power pose condition, it's down to only 60 percent, and that's a prettysignificant difference.

  当你摆出无力的姿势时,这个百分比会下降到仅60%,这是一个非常显著的差异。

2019年英语专八真题听力Mini-lectur原文(三)

  Here's what we find on dominance hormone.

  关于主导性激素,我们有如下发现。

  From their baseline when they come in, high-powerpeople experience about a 20-percent increase, andlow-power people experience about a 10-percentdecrease.

  相比于他们进来时的基线,强有力的人上升了20%,而无力的人下降了10%。

  So again, two minutes, and you get these changes.

  再次证明,2分钟后,你发生了这些改变。

  Concerning stress hormone, high-power peopleexperience about a 25-percent decrease, and the low-power people experience about a 15-percent increase.

  就皮质醇而言,强有力的人下降了25%,而无力的人上升了15%。

  Once again, two minutes lead to these hormonal changes that configure your brain to basicallybe either assertive, confident or really stress-reactive, and, you know, feeling sort of shutdown.

  再次证明,2分钟会导致这些激素的改变,基本上能让你的大脑变得要么坚定而自信,要么易受到压力的影响,以及,你知道的,感觉有点沮丧。

  And we've all had that feeling, right?

  我们都会有这种感受,对吗?

  So it seems that our nonverbals do govern how we think and feel about ourselves.

  因此,我们的非语言行为似乎的确控制我们的想法以及我们对自身的感受。

  Also, our bodies change our minds.

  另外,我们的身体会改变我们的意识。

  So, power posing for a few minutes really changes your life in meaningful ways.

  因此,几分钟的力量姿势的确会用有意义的方式来改变你的生活。

  When I tell people about this, that our bodies change our minds and our minds can change ourbehavior,

  当我把这些告诉人们时,也就是:我们的身体会改变我们的意识、我们的意识会改变我们的行为、

  and our behavior can change our outcomes, they say to me, "I don't believe that. It feels fake. Right?"

  以及我们的行为会改变最后的结果,他们和我说:“我不相信。感觉很假。对吗?”

  So I said, "fake it till you make it."

  我会说:“你就假装是这样,直到真的变成这样为止。”

  I'm going to live you with this.

  我要让你这样去做。

  Before you go into the next stressful evaluative situation, for example, a job interview, fortwo minutes, try doing this,

  在你进行下一个很有压力的评估时,比如求职面试,试着用2分钟的时间来做这个,

  in the elevator, or at your desk behind closed doors and say to youself "That's what I want todo."

  在电梯里,或者在关着的门后面的桌子前对自己说:“这就是我想做的事。”

  Configure your brain to do the best in that situation.

  让你的大脑在那种情况下达到最佳状态。

  Get your dominance hormone up, and get your stress hormone down.

  让你的主导性激素含量上升,皮质醇含量下降。

  Don't leave that situation feeling like, oh, I didn't show them who I am.

  不要让情况变成这样——哦,我没有向他们展示出我是谁。

  Leave that situation feeling like, oh, I really managed to say who I am and show who I am.

  而要让情况变成这样——哦,我真的讲出并展示出我是谁了。

  To sum up, today, we talk about the "nonverbal expressions of power and dominance" andthe strong effects of the change of behavior.

  综上所述,今天,我们讲了“权力和支配地位的非语言表达”以及改变行为的强大作用。

  I suggest you try power posing, which is simple but will significantly change the outcomes ofyour life.

  我建议你们试试力量姿势,它虽然简单,但将极大地改变你的人生结局。

  OK, next time we are going to discuss the social functions of body language.

  好的,下一次我们要讨论肢体语言的社会功能。

以上就是新东方在线英语专四频道为大家分享的关于“2019年英语专八真题听力Mini-lectur原文”的全部内容,更多英语专四、英语专八考试最新最快资讯及备考信息,请收藏关注本网站方便随时查看。


专四专八精选好课 暖心助学

新东方好老师 手把手带学

本文关键字: 专八真题 专八听力真题

2020专四专八复习备考必备资料

关注新东方在线服务号回复【专四/专八词汇】

更多资料
更多>>
更多内容
更多>>
更多好课>>
更多>>
更多资料